Manifesting has been mystified and complicated, and at the same time, detrimentally oversimplified.
There’s really nothing woo woo, mystical or simple about bringing what you want into reality. The truth is, you are always manifesting whether you are aware of it or not.
What most people don’t know about manifesting is...
- It’s a practice, not an overnight magic spell or “one and done” kinda thing
- It’s not woo woo or mystical at all (In fact, manifesting is methodical and requires consistency)
- It’s more scientific than you think
- It requires a strong commitment to dive deep and explore every part of you, especially the unconscious and the “ugly” parts
So, what in the heck does it mean to manifest?
The most simple way to define manifestation is the act of intentionally using focused thought and emotion to bring something into existence.
Here are just a few examples of tangible things that were once just a thought...
- Printing press
Everything you experience as real (tangible) today was once just a thought that was intentionally explored and acted upon consistently.
Think of a time in the recent past when you had a thought, took some type of action big or small and poof - that thought came into existence in reality.
Now think of a time you worried about something happening. You may have even came up with how you might handle this situation or event if it happened. Then, a few days or weeks later.. BAM! That unwanted situation or event appeared!
Both of the above are examples of you manifesting. See, you already know how to do this even if you weren’t consciously aware of your power.
So where’s the practical magic in all of this?
When you become aware of your thoughts (both conscious and unconscious) and how those thoughts influence your reality, you are practicing your power to co-create!
To manifest, then, means to actively, consciously and consistently use your power as a creator to turn your thoughts into a tangible reality.
Right about now you might be saying...
“Woah, hold up Kelly! I think thoughts all the dang time about what I want and I don’t see any of what I want happening in real time. So I must be missing something.”
My answer is, you’re right. You are missing something and your thoughts are bringing things into your life… but maybe not the things you really want.
According to the latest research, we have over 6000 thoughts per day. That’s a lot of thoughts! But how many of those 6000 thoughts are we actually aware of? And how many of those thoughts are positive and focused on what we really want?
If we think so many thoughts per day but remain unaware of what we think about most of the time, it’s not only possible but very likely that we are unconsciously drawing both what we do want and what we don’t want into our lives.
Because the truth is, you are always manifesting. The question to ask yourself is whether you are intentionally manifesting what you want or unintentionally manifesting what you don’t.
So, what gets in the way of getting what you want?
There are three things that continually get in the way of you getting what you want. As you read through these three common blocks, take note of the one that most resonates with you.
#1: You talk about manifesting but you don’t actually believe it works (consciously or unconsciously).
For example, you write down your wildest dreams and during or shortly after doing so, intense feelings of overwhelm, fear or doubt creep in. These intense feelings keep you from taking any action towards what you want. Because on a deep level, you don’t really believe in your power to create.
#2: You have conflicting thoughts, beliefs or feelings about what you want
If I had the money, I would…
If I just had more time, I could…
If I knew more, I could start…
If I were younger, I would...
These are often the things people say to themselves when they have a big dream and a conflicting belief about achieving it. Basing possibilities on past experiences is a sure fire way to keep you from experiencing what you want. These silly self-imposed restrictions keep you "safe," at least to your limited ego's mind. Let me assure you right now that whatever dreams you hold in your heart and soul are there because they are yours to fulfill. And you are absolutely equipped to handle and manage the success and responsibilities that follow.
#3: You aren’t clear about what you really want
This is the biggest obstacle to manifesting. You simply aren’t clear about what you want. This can show up in a couple of curious ways like…
- You base your vision and your dreams on outside influences or expectations (aka following what others think or tell you that you should want)
- You worry you’ll wish for the “wrong” things. You have dreams or a grand vision that you believe you don’t deserve. Your ego mind is giving you “reasons” why it’s wrong or bad or evil to want what you want.
- You’re afraid what you wish for will actually happen! You’re afraid you won’t be able to handle or manage the changes and responsibilities that come with achieving a high level of success or making a ridiculously large sum of money.
- You're focused on "how" what you want will manifest. This isn’t your job as a creator. Your job is to align your thoughts with what you want, claim your dreams and take inspired action towards them.
Now that you know what's getting in the way, let's talk about what does work when it comes to manifesting.
Here are the 8 Steps to The Practical Magic of Manifesting...
- Committing to your power as a creator (You have to actively and consistently practice believing in your power before seeing or experiencing this power)
- Taking the time to let go of what doesn’t belong to you (and probably never did)
- Willingness to explore your deep seated and mostly unconscious thoughts and beliefs that are already manifesting in real time
- Tuning in to your energetic resonance with all areas of your life
- Creating a clear vision and planting the seeds of your wildest dreams so they take root and grow
- Focusing on getting into the feelings and emotions of what you want to experience every day as if you already have what you want
- Remaining open to any and all possibilities in regards to how what you want can happen
- Taking inspired action and trusting that whatever you’ve asked for will show up in your life.
All of the above make up the 8 step practice of intentionally manifesting what you want in your life.
This 8 step practice is what I’ve been using for years and why I’ve been able to co-create (and lead) the life of my wildest dreams including:
- A loving life partner who is truly perfect for me
- A healthy and loving relationship with each of my three grown sons
- Strong connections and bonds with women I adore, admire and respect
- A thriving business where I work with highly creative and intelligent men and women
- Travel to over 15 countries across 5 continents
- Happy and peaceful home surrounded by natural elements I love like evergreen trees, rivers, creeks and mountains
- Numerous creative projects that bring me great joy and deep satisfaction
Now, I don’t share all of this to brag. I’m telling you this to make you aware of what most people don’t know. And it’s this: there’s really nothing special about those who make their dreams come true and those who don’t.
I don’t have a high IQ nor do I make millions of dollars a year. I’m not famous in any way. I’m not young or what most people would consider beautiful. I didn’t come from money nor was I raised with a healthy mindset around wealth. In fact, I’m really quite average in all ways except for one (and this is important). I believe I have the power to bring about what I desire.
If you’ve tried manifesting and nothing happened or worse, more of what you didn’t want kept showing up…Learn more about The Practical Magic of Manifesting: Step by Step Action Plan for Co-Creating the Life of Your Wildest Dreams. This is a new downloadable audio course + playbook that takes you step by step through co-creating the life of your wildest dreams. What I can assure you of is this - if you buy this course and use the 8 step practice I share - it will be the best $27 investment you’ll ever make.